Google meet Screen sharing monitor list is missing one of the screens

Hello !
I have an issue that occurs since a while and I ran out of solution.
A couple of months ago, I changed my main screen for a new one with another resolution. Before the change I had 3 1080p monitors, now I have 2 and one 1440p.
Issue is that, since the change, when I want to share my screen, I can see in the monitol list my 2 1080p monitors but not the 1440p one. I tried uninstalling chrome, using the meet app and even using the Brave browser but it's still not working. It only works for firefox.
Anyone have an idea on how to fix that ?

0 7 1,215
7 REPLIES 7

@Thanatalys  If you couldn't fix it yet, please try creating a ticket under google meet hardware by using the below link:

https://support.cloud.google.com/portal/u/1/cases

Thanks ! Couldnt find any support link, really appreciate it !

Were you able to find a solution?

Temporary workaround on Windows:

1. Go to System > Display settings
  2. Change the setting to only use your 1440p monitor
  3. Now when you try to share screens, you will be able to see and choose your 1440p monitor.
  4. When sharing has started, you can revert your Display settings.

Note: This is a temporary workaround which means that you will have to do this everytime you are sharing your screen.

This could be an issue with HDR, try disabling HDR on the monitor that you can't share in Google Meet.

Thanks @paul_lees, disabling HDR solved it for me ๐Ÿ˜

+1

Bear in mind that Google Meet background requires HDR, so you will lose that functionality. I've been testing the latest Chrome canary browse, Version 120.0.6062.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit) and this issue seems to be addressed, so hopefully it's something Google was aware of and a fix is coming.