Google Workspace - Planning and Migration Questions

Hi everyone,

I've got a couple of questions as we are an IT support for a small firm. We are currently on a Google Suite Business Plus license and we plan to upgrade to Google Workspace, you can say that we are in a testing or pilot phase before we migrate/decide on using the service.

We currently have at least 81-84 users including the admins. It's a BYOD framework (end users work globally and remotely) and we've got a client on-premise setup. I'd say many of the challenges looking at would be the system requirements of the Google Workspace. I hope somebody would be able to answer a couple of the questions we have below.

#System Requirements

Based on what we've researched GCPW would only work on Windows 10 Pro, however, I've read some of the questions here it can support Windows 11.

1. Does it have any instabilities as the documentation on the support page isn't updated for Windows 11? Does anyone have any information or a list of this? The reason behind this if the instabilities can be considered vs the current GCPW offering benefits.

2. We've got a couple of Mac OSX users, will it work on Mac OSX? I've seen as well that it doesn't support Mac OSX, but anyone has tried and tested on this platform? From what I understand we can use the secure LDAP (to match the google SSO feature for Windows). But the actual workspace, would it work theoretically? What limitations are we looking at?

3. As I plan to test this on my own machine (I'm on Windows 11), pardon me if I don't make any sense, but would it work if I test this with a dummy Windows profile? Provided of course it is within the firm's domain. I just don't want to lock out of my current profile and be unable to work.

Any response is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-Erwin C

3 REPLIES 3

1) The supported versions are :

Windows 10 Pro, Pro for Workstations, Enterprise, or Education version 1803 or later

So basically there shouldn't be an issue with windows 11.

2)

https://www.jamf.com/   is the alternative

3) Yes , you can test with a dummy profile

I implemented GCPW here, works with Windows 10 and 11 PRO

now i'm doing it with macOS M1 and INTEL, i'm having difficulty when we change user password in admin console, mac is not synchronizing session startup password

did you manage to implement it on macos?

Hi Sofist,

We've heard the sync for GCPW password might cause the issues for end users with Mac, we have moved the decision to shift all users to Windows systems since that would be more practical for our roadmap and implementation. We've tried to use JAMF but it was too costly as an alternative.