Google Pixel MDM OS Updates

Hello, 

Hopefully a quick question, I am wondering if there is any MDM out there that can block OS updates to a Google Pixel Tablet entirely? Or would Google just push updates to their devices after a certain period of time? I am being told my SureMDM that after around 45 days, Google will force their updates upon devices connected to the internet.

Thank you for any support,
-Ty

1 1 42
1 REPLY 1

"While some Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions may offer the ability to defer OS updates for a certain period, ultimately, Google Pixel devices are designed to receive regular updates directly from Google. Google typically pushes security patches and OS updates to its devices within a reasonable timeframe, regardless of MDM settings. So, while MDMs may offer some control over updates, they can't entirely block Google's update mechanism."

But, maybe If It is an old model, you can use this:

Enable developer options - Settings > About phone > tap on 'Build number' multiple times until it says you're a developer.

Then go to Settings > System > Developer options > Automatic system updates > toggle it off (to the left)