Google Form Fields Deleted by Submitter

I created a GForm and sent it to my group to be filled out.  One of the participants/submitters messaged me to apologize and say they had accidentally deleted one of the "short answer" questions on my GForm!  So I had to go back into the GForm to reinsert the question.  How is it possible that a GForm that I created, allows users/submitters to delete items from the form?  ie. mess around with anything in the form other than their own answers.

I looked and looked and looked for a feature in the settings that would allow me to essentially "lock" the form so that submitters can't change it.  But there is no such feature.  In GDocs for instance, you can set it up with "viewer" permissions so that nobody can fool with the original document itself.  Why is there no feature like this in GForm - or if there is - please share as I would like to protect my GForms from erroneous deletions by other parties.  Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 4 329
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, definitely. The link you see while editing the form is the "edit" link, not the "reply" link. And if your colleagues have access to the folder or Shared Drive that the form is in, they could edit it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It sounds like you may have invited your colleagues to be editors on the form instead of sharing the "respond to form" link with them.

Google has announced plans to allow you to restrict who can reply to a form later this year, which is a most welcome feature.

Hope that helps,

Ian

Thank you Ian.  It is unclear after viewing the links in your reply . . . but to clarify, could it have been because I shared the link to the GForm, rather than going through the "Send Form" purple button in the top right of the form that I got in trouble?  S

Yes, definitely. The link you see while editing the form is the "edit" link, not the "reply" link. And if your colleagues have access to the folder or Shared Drive that the form is in, they could edit it.

aaaaah crap lol - ty for shedding light!