Google Chat conversation - workspace admin

Hello Community,

As a Workspace Admin, is it possible to see a Google chat conversation where in user is an external organization?

0 2 1,176
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Anthony,

If I have understood your question correctly, there are two prerequisites for admin to be able to not access or see the full conversation but see some logs based on their search parameter. So, the prerequisites are:

1. If Google Admin has allowed users to chat with external users. 

2. If your Admin has Google Chat history turned off on on for users. They won't see data for users who send direct messages, and for the Direct message started event if they have it turned off.

Now, if these are okay, then Admin can run security investigation tool to run searches and act on search results. From the investigation tool, you can view a record of actions to track conversation and discussion activity in your organization. For example, you can see when a user starts a direct message, creates a space, or reports an inappropriate message.

For more details and steps, you can read this Google Guide.

Hope this helps and I understood your question correctly. Cheers!

Just checked out your post on Google Chat conversation workspace admin โ€“ it's like navigating a maze sometimes, isn't it? I find Google Chat super handy for streamlining communication, but it can definitely be a bit overwhelming to manage at times.

Top Solution Authors