(Email routing) My emails are not being received outside of the organization

Hello,

I need assistance with a Gmail issue. After switching from Outlook to Gmail for our office, one employee is experiencing a problem. Emails sent by this person are not received by external recipients, though they reach internal recipients. This issue has been recurring since the switch. Any suggestions to resolve this situation? The employee currently uses Outlook as a workaround.

Thank you for your help!

0 11 1,104
11 REPLIES 11

@Max-Orpheo  were you able to find anything in the email log search?

Does your spf include google spf?

Thank you for the input. I'm a workspace admin but my rights are limited so I will have to have more admin rights granted to access the reporting.

I will give it a try and update this thread! Thank you 

Hi

I actually went through this SPF info and I'm trying to understand what it is and how it works. Not it appears that the SPF is not setup on the email server. Which might be the cause of the issue.

Do you happen to know if there are things to do and not to when setting up the SPF ? 

Thanks !

@Max-Orpheo 

https://support.google.com/a/answer/10684623

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8mWxB7e448

These might help you...but these would be with respect to google workspace, if you are also using outlook then i recommend your spf value to be sometlhing like this:

v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com ~all

Whenever you have any other email service being used please ensure to add those ip/spf records to it and make sure to have only one combine all these at all the time.

Thank you, I will check this immediately and update this thread !

Max-Orpheo,

Are you working for a company or for yourself? You said you do not have
Admin rights. Like able to utilize the Google admin console?

Thanks,

PJ

I work for a company, more specifically for a branch. As a consequence, even though I can access the google admin console, I do not have access to 100% of the menus. 

Ok, do you have access to open up a google meet?

@Max-Orpheo I wrote this document.  It's got a little bit of sales spin but the idea was to educate people and give them a playbook we follow for implementation. Happy to answer questions more about it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1VD-6wBLHJOZDlsqxJDTAte-98xlrb94qx41rpVVD0O8/edit# -KAM

Are you a Google admin? If so, in the Google Admin Console go to Reporting, Email Log Search, and search an external recipient. Add the sender's address and the recipient's address to see the details of what is happening with that user when sending. If that is the only user that is having issues, search for a user that can send externally and look at the details and compare to the user that cannot send.

PJames_0-1686234581397.png

Thank you, I do not have all the admin rights yet but I will give it a try when those are granted to me.

That is very helpful. I will update this thread when I have the opportunity to give it a try