3-Way calling?

Does anyone know if 3-way calling is anywhere on the near-term roadmap? I have a client who would like to switch phone providers but they make use of this feature. It does feel like a glaring omission, in addition to the ability to put a call on hold while you make a second call to check on something. Having an option to merge the calls would be perfect.

I am aware that multi-person calls can be accomplished via Meet audio and 'add user'. But Meet calls out with a random number as opposed to the users GV phone number which can be problematic. Plus who wants to switch tools when you already have someone on a call and just need to add another person?

8 18 2,192
18 REPLIES 18

Thanks for reaching out. 3-way calling is on our roadmap to launch in 2022. Hope that helps.

-Arvind

How can we be in the loop with this feature release? For my business this is a critical feature

Are you still planning to launch 3-way calling this year?

It's now 2023 ๐Ÿ˜€ Still no 3-way calling

You need to place the first caller on hold, dial the second caller, then you will have the option to swap calls, or merge a call.

Are you saying that Google Voice now supports 3-way calling, ours does not. Or are you thinking of the phone app on your smartphone?

2022... and still nothing ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Great to hear, it's one of a few missing features holding clients back.. or going with Zoom Phone instead. 

I work in a medical facility where a patient calling in may need to speak with a 3rd party while keeping the original party on the phone. We can't control when a patient calls in, so we can't use Meets. These are the kind of patients who are talking about self-harm, we can't just blind transfer the calls either. I want to use Google Voice for Business, but without this feature it's a no go.

3 way calling would be extremely beneficial for my business as well. I typically receive inbound calls from clients where a 3rd party is needed to dial in on the same call. I have to exit google voice and proceed on my personal cell.  I hope this feature comes soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Thank you for the feedback. This is something we are tracking for end of this year. 

Thank you for the update. Any information from Google is helpful.

@achandrababu 
Can you give us an update on the 3-way calling feature?

Hi @achandrababu ,

This is a high priority on our end as well, and is preventing us from moving over a large chunk of our user population to Google Voice. Do you happen to know when this will be released? Thanks!

Headed into the last leg of 2023 - would really love to have this feature for my small business. I just realized today that I can't easily conference in another person on a Voice call - kinda embarrassing. 

Fingers crossed 3 way calling comes soon ๐Ÿ™‚ 

2 years and still waiting? Is this going to be implemented?

Google What is de Deal???