Product update and live Q&A: Spaces organized by topic upgrade to in-line threaded spaces in Chat

Published on ‎09-14-2023 09:56 AM by Community Manager | Updated on ‎09-14-2023 10:12 AM

As previously announced, we’re streamlining the way you organize conversations in Google Chat. Starting September 30, 2023, existing Google Chat spaces organized by conversation topic will be upgraded to the new in-line threaded experience.

With in-line threading, you can reply to any message and create a separate discussion isolated from the main conversation. In-line threads can be helpful when you want to reply to a specific message or discuss a topic in-depth without disrupting the flow of the main conversation.

Join this session to:

• Understand details about the upgrade from conversation topic to in-line threaded Google Chat spaces
  • See in-line threaded Chat Spaces in action, with best practices for Admins
  • See a preview of the upcoming enhancements to in-line threads
  • Get your questions answered with time for live Q&A

Please complete this form to register for the event. Once registered, you'll receive a calendar invite via email. Even if you can't make it live, register and we'll send you a link to the recording. 

Thank you - we hope to see you there!

Featured Guests

Staff

Event has ended
You can no longer attend this event.

Start:
Tue, Sep 26, 2023 02:00 PM PDT
End:
Tue, Sep 26, 2023 03:00 PM PDT
2 Comments
kim_nilsson
Silver 5
Silver 5

Hiya, I can't find the old article describing the result of the migration, but I remember reading that you were going to break posts posted in topics into pieces only sorted chronologically, and not respecting the "topic thread". Has this been re-coded, so migrated Topics Spaces will actually get their threaded topics converted into proper threads?

brian_kim
Silver 2
Silver 2

brian_kim_0-1695851906768.png

with regards to the introduction of "bubbles"

not sure if this is the best place to provide feedback, but customizability would be welcome. i found it much easier to read/consume information, and now i feel like im much slower. I'm not an UI/UX expert, but having to shift my eyes left to right helps with efficiency. 

while this ui change may be welcome from consumer side of Google Chat, in business context, without the ability for the user to customize, the reception can be polarizing. 

with regards to changes to chat, some more inclusion/consultation of other customers/partners would be welcome as well. feel like the changes have been very prescriptive from google side, and we wouldn't want chat to share the same fate as some of its predecessors.