3 tiers application with Cloud Run + load balancers

Hi,

I'm building a terraform app with 3 tiers,

• Frontend with a vue.js app
  • Backend is a spring boot app
  • Db a Cloud SQL

I have an external load balancer for the front end, it works fine. I added an internal load balancer for the backend, which allows me to create other Cloud run apps in a different zone and add it to the backend service. However but Im not able to access the Frontend app pointing to the internal load balancer, I have added a Direct VPC egress and routed all the traffic to the VPC, the configuration uses the same subnet(Private Google Access (PGA) enabled) as the internal load balancer, but it doesn't work. I created an instance in the same subnet and I was able to call the backend and get a response, but when I call the internal load balancer from the frontend Cloud run doesn't work. Use the following doc:

Thank you for helping 🙂

0 2 1,003
2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

I suggest checking this link[1] for the set up of three-tier application deployment for proper execution.

[1]https://medium.com/google-cloud/3-tier-application-deployment-in-google-cloud-d474339bccad

Hi @VannGuce,
How are you? ty for the info.

I found the issue,  the Vue app wasn't able to reach the internal load balancer because the call was done from the client side, I had to change to Nuxt to call the rest API from the server side and reach the internal load balancer, then everything was working fine.

I am preparing an article with the learnings.