When the action send email is processing, it sends an email twice

Dear Community,

I just notice in one of my PB, when the action send email is processing, it sends an email twice. Do you know or have any idea about what this happen? It's so weird since I double check and have no other than the normal action as always.

View files in slack

0 14 313
14 REPLIES 14

maybe it runs into a timeout, re-tries, but then both emails make it to the recipient?
Can you re-create the same behaviour when peforming it as a manual action or - even better - in the IDE with potentially more debug output?

I will try as a manual action @Marek_Kreul , thanks for the advice.

It is weird because I've used these same actions before, with the difference that in this case, I started my PB with a block after trigger but yeah, recipient gets the email and soso in a minute after gets the second same email

I'm really interested in the outcome of this, though

So... It worked!
Haha that's funny... a really little change, but thanks a lot I just change the send email action to a manual step and recipient just got email once. Appreciate your help @Marek_Kreul

I think I've seen this same behavior with the Slack integration sending duplicate (sometimes 3) messages. The timeout is set to 5 minutes. Unfortunately it wouldn't make sense to turn this into a manual action. I wonder if this is related though

The best way to this should be this doesn't happen but it looks like the process/action is executed, then siemplify backs to the same action like if is not executed and re-executed again... that's why I receive more than 1 email. Another issue I solved setting repetitive actions as Manual is when I need to close a case, because when it is executed by itself (Automatic) the step closes the case, then redo this and gave me a push saying "this case can't be closed bc is currently closed". It could be something related with the host performance? I been some days trying blocks, different process, reduce steps, call other playbooks, but, at the end.... same, just set the actions as manual worked so far

Interesting finding, I've observed the same behaviour for the "close case" action.

Exactly, @Marek_Kreul for some reason these "Automatic" actions are done, attempt to continue with the flux to do the next action, and return to this last automatic to re-do it. When you turn them "Manual" then playbook stops and wait for you until you want to move forward and then... do the action once.

These both are the same action (first image). As you said, the case can't be closed (or alarm) 'cause it was closed before (second image).

View files in slack

@Tomtomfridman can you find out if that's a known issue?

This comment was originally sent by Tom Fridman
Hi
@Miguel_Altuzar @Marek_Kreul @Andrew_Cook
thank you for sharing that with us, it is not a familiar issue for us and I forwarded it to our technical teams.

Hi @Miguel_Altuzar @Marek_Kreul @Andrew_Cook
We would like to ask you if it happened in the community edition? Could you spicily the version? And to make sure, the action ran on one alert only?

Hi,
on my end:
5.5.3, non-community
As the action was executed from a playbook, and playbooks run on alerts, it must have been run on one alert only, right?

Hi,
I've tried with multiple alarms on a single case but the behavior is the same. Playbook is executed to a single alarm when the case has one or more alarms inside.

Hi @Marek_Kreul @Miguel_Altuzar @Andrew_Cook
We want to be sure that we will cover all scenarios can you please export your playbooks with the issue so we can reproduce it in our lab?