Closed Case Search

I'm currently using the below to get all closed cases within our SOAR platform -

This code below is returning "Action failed as JSON result exceeded maximum size 0MB". Am I using this wrong or am I missing further parameters? With the max results being set to 1000 by default i'm expecting the last 1000 case ID's that are closed. -

closed_cases = siemplify.get_cases_ids_by_filter("CLOSE", sort_by="CLOSE_TIME")
1 1 127
1 REPLY 1

Hi @samryanturner could you please try to create new Python Action in IDE and try the following code:

from SiemplifyAction import SiemplifyAction
from SiemplifyUtils import unix_now, convert_unixtime_to_datetime, output_handler
from ScriptResult import EXECUTION_STATE_COMPLETED, EXECUTION_STATE_FAILED,EXECUTION_STATE_TIMEDOUT

@output_handler
def main():
    siemplify = SiemplifyAction()

cases = siemplify.get_cases_ids_by_filter(status="CLOSE",sort_by="CLOSE_TIME")
    print(cases)

status = EXECUTION_STATE_COMPLETED  # used to flag back to siemplify system, the action final status
    output_message = "output message :"  # human readable message, showed in UI as the action result
    result_value = True  # Set a simple result value, used for playbook if\else and placeholders.

siemplify.LOGGER.info("\n  status: {}\n  result_value: {}\n  output_message: {}".format(status,result_value, output_message))
    siemplify.end(output_message, result_value, status)

if __name__ == "__main__":
    main()

It worked for me:

Google Chrome_2024-04-02 16-33-03@2x.jpg