How to configure IdP for login in Chronicle

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up a project for Google Chronicle, and I'm at the step of creating an IdP according to this article (https://cloud.google.com/chronicle/docs/onboard/configure-authentication).
This article talks about using a third-party provider, but isn't it possible to use Google's own authentication, or Google's internal IAM, to generate this IdP so that Chronicle can use it?

Thanks!

M.

Solved Solved
1 3 476
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems that the option to use Google as IdP is disabled by default, you have to request that it be enabled...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It seems that the option to use Google as IdP is disabled by default, you have to request that it be enabled...

Yes, you're right. I THINK Chronicle was primarily designed for use through the API or for MSSPs to use it as a search tool or data lake and create a product on top of it.

The user interface (UI) is disabled by default and can only be enabled by Support or the MSSP/Google Partner that the tool was purchased from. 

This will be changing with the next documentation release, but there is also a method now that will allow you to leverage Cloud Identity without having to submit a request.