Optimizing Security Command Center Premium

How do I optimize my SCC Configuration?

The Security Command Center Premium (SCCP) Guide for Optimization exercise allows for verification of SCC enablement in an existing subscriber environment. This guided health check allows for verification of:

• Enablement of SCC Premium Tier services
  • Access Control Best Practices / Least Privilege implementation
  • Logging with SCCP Event Threat Detection
  • Essential Security Contacts and Notifications

Getting Started

Simply outline your Goals and view the linked guide. As you progress through the steps, you’ll familiarize yourself with SCCP Premium services, such as: 

• Event Threat Detection
  • Security Health Analytics
  • Web Security Scanner
  • Container Threat Detection
  • Rapid vulnerability Detection
  • Virtual Machine Threat Detection

You will optimize threat detection capabilities by enabling robust logging in GCP, to include Firewall Rules, Workspace Login Audits, VPC Flow Log and more.

Lastly, the guide will walk you through configuring SCCP Integrated Services, such as Cloud Armor, Cloud Anomaly Detection, and Mandiant Attack Surface Management. 

Wrapping Up

The end goal will be an optimized Premium Command Center that will allow for integration into workflow, operations and unified detection platforms.

8 3 230
3 REPLIES 3

The individual might be considering ways to enhance the security features and capabilities of the Command Center Premium service. They could be exploring strategies such as fine-tuning settings, implementing additional security measures, or seeking expert guidance to optimize their overall security posture effectively.

Any idea on how to do another Security Health Analytics scan to update the ui after you make changes to the vm or firewall. Gemini says we should be able to but i cant find it anywhere.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Hi @tommy2386 - The scans will happen automatically, for instance, when changes are made. Below is documentation on the different modes for scan: https://cloud.google.com/security-command-center/docs/concepts-security-health-analytics#sha-scan-ty...