A new era for AI and Google Workspace

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Announced this week on the Google Workspace blogthe Google Workspace team is sharing our broader vision for how Workspace is evolving to incorporate AI as a collaborative partner that is always there to help you achieve your goals, across Gmail, Docs, Slides, Sheets, Meet, and Chat.

With these features, youโ€™ll be able to:

• Draft, reply, summarize, and prioritize your Gmail
  • Brainstorm, proofread, write, and rewrite in Docs
  • Bring your creative vision to life with auto-generated images, audio, and video in Slides
  • Go from raw data to insights and analysis via auto completion, formula generation, and contextual categorization in Sheets
  • Generate new backgrounds and capture notes in Meet
  • Enable workflows for getting things done in Chat

Check out the announcement blog for more details on these new experiences and let us know what you think in the comments below! We'd love to hear from you ๐Ÿ˜Š

13 10 3,094
10 REPLIES 10

Hi wooow! this is an amazing news! We are using AI tools in my school school educating our staff and students.

When these new features will be delivered to end users or to admins to deploy?

In case there is any spot to test these new features in preview we will be more than happy!

Regards!

I'd love to see the potential release dates for this to rollout. 

Yes me too!

This is an amazing news. Can't wait to use these new features in the Google products.

dgd
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

More details on how these tools are going to help with google apps would be nice. It pains me that I have to use GPT3 or GPT4 to write google apps scripts! Additionally, what of making Sheets smarter with more help in text to formulas?

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks everyone! It's great to hear your thoughts and questions ๐Ÿ™Œ We'll be sharing additional information and FAQs soon. Stay tuned! 

I really hope it is way more capable than Bard.

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Google Workspace update! Turn Bard access on or off for your users

Earlier this year, we announced Bard, an early experiment by Google that lets you collaborate with generative AI. In the coming days, Google Workspace admins will be able to turn access to Bard on for their users, in the Admin console under Apps > Additional Google services > Early Access Apps.

Note that Bard is separate from the AI powered innovations weโ€™re working on for Google Workspace โ€” stay tuned to the Workspace Updates blog for more information about Workspace specific features.

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

Coming out of Google I/O ๐Ÿ‘‰ Introducing Duet AI for Google Workspace

Check out this blog to learn how Duet AI for Google Workspace helps you:

• write, even on the go
  • create original images from text, right within Google Slides
  • turn ideas into action and data into insights with Google Sheets
  • foster more meaningful connections in Google Meet
  • keep you in the flow of projects with AI building blocks in Docs

Lauren_vdv
Community Manager
Community Manager

๐ŸŒŸ Duet AI for Google Workspace Enterprise - now available for preorder ๐ŸŒŸ

"At this yearโ€™s Google I/O, we introduced Duet AI for Google Workspace, a powerful new way of working that embeds the power of generative AI across Workspace. Duet AI helps you write, visualize, organize, accelerate workflows, have richer meetings, and much more. Weโ€™ve received a lot of helpful feedback from the thousands of organizations and hundreds of thousands of users enrolled in Workspace Labs. Weโ€™ve incorporated this feedback into a new offering weโ€™re launching today, Duet AI for Google Workspace Enterprise, which is now available for pre-order and will be generally available in all regions where Workspace is sold later this year."

Check out the announcement blog to learn more and to express interest in preordering Duet AI for Google Workspace Enterprise.