"Error switching into Development Mode" message

I have the developer role on a Looker Instance. 

I can see the project and its associated LookML in read only mode, but when I switch into development mode, i get the above message: "Error switching into Development Mode" and I’m sent back to my Account page.

Did anyone experience something similar or have any suggestions to share?

3 5 1,692
5 REPLIES 5

I have the same issue when I switch into development mode. I get errors for all of the elements on my dashboard when I switch into Development mode. The errors leave when I switch back.

I have the same issue as well. Anyone have a solution for this issue

Use the Looker API "Update User" method (using Looker API explorerand force the setting "models_dir_validated" to true. Once this got changed the user should be able to switch to development mode

This did not work for us. The `models_dir_validated` is already set to true. Any other ideas on how to fix this? This seems more like a Looker bug 

The issue was resolved on our instance by deleting the new Looker Project created by a user who encountered a dev mode switching error.

It seems that the problem arose because of an incorrect connection of the Project to the repository. For other users with the same role, the dev mode worked normally.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors