how to copy a production project to create a hub for hub and spoke

I want to convert a production project into a hub for hub and spoke.

We currently serve multiple clients from one project using folders but hub and spoke makes more sense with a project/repo per client. I need help understanding how to get a hub going from the existing production project without creating risk to the production project - i.e. leaving it alone to work on hub separately until we migrate a client to their new spoke project.

I may be misguided so looking for the correct way to do this.

The approach I think I need is to copy/clone the current production repo to a new repo that will be the hub; probably by checking out the production project repo locally and then pushing that to new repo. I then will create a new hub project and connect to the new repo.

I think I can take it from this point to setup a client and import the hub; there is plenty of info on this step.

Thank you for any advice to do this the right way without impacting existing production project.

0 1 221
1 REPLY 1

I followed this article more or less and it seemed to work fine: https://help.looker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360039711794-Connecting-a-New-LookML-Project-to-a-Non-Empt....

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors