How to display only a single column for a measure within the pivotted table?

Hi!

I’ve been working on a looker explore (using LookML of course!), and I’m attempting to display only one instance of a measure throughout the pivoted table. For more context:

the explore consists of a bunch of measures for a given financial dataset, and has a column named ‘Closing Balance’ as well. When pivoted to a time_period dimension (say, I want to display the data for 3 months, from September to December 2021), all these values would be displayed within each of the 3-month split. Now, I want a column called ‘Opening Balance’ (which essentially is the closing balance of the previous month, i.e. Opening Balance of December 2021 = Closing Balance of November 2021), and I want this column to be displayed only for the first month within the pivoted table (i.e., if the table is filtered to the time_period of Sep to Dec 2021, I want to display only the Opening Balance of September 2021. Similarly, if the former was filtered between Jan - July 2020, the opening Balance of Jan 2020 must only be displayed).

Is there any way I could do this?

P.S. I’ve created the column on BQ that detects the Opening Balance, but would display it for every month, rather than just the first month as per the filter on the explore.)

1 0 311
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors