How can you dynamically hide fields from table visualization depending on customer request.

Ginto

We have a scheduled legacy report for conversion to Looker that requires display of required and optional fields. Instead of creating multiple looks for each optional fields, is there a way to create just one look and dynamically choose which fields to display in table visualization to be driven by a filter or parameter?

Example :

I’d like an option to either display all fields A, B, C, D or fields A, B only, or A, D only.

0 4 1,379
4 REPLIES 4

Probably, somehow.

But here’s something you should know, which may fill your need: In some visualization types (like Column and Line), users can toggle visibility of specific fields by clicking on the fields’ names in the legend.

Ginto

Hello @menashe

For our use case it is just a simple tabular report that we schedule daily or weekly for each of our customers to receive via email or SFTP. Our customers will have no access to the schedules. We are the ones who create the schedule for each individual customer. So each individual schedule should be using one look with different optional columns displayed.

Example:
The report’s required columns are A, B and optional columns C,D

customer 1 scheduled report, I want columns A, B, C, D be displayed
Customer 2 scheduled report, I want columns A, B, C displayed
Customer 3 scheduled report, I want columns A, B, D displayed

Any advice on how to do this?

Try building a dynamic dimension that will display the underlying value of column C or D depending on a parameter value (or just a customer_id using liquid).

Hi @Ginto , were you able to find a way to do this?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors