Hierarchy of User Attributes and Access Filters to access more or less in dashboards off 1 Explore

Hello,

I need help trying to approach accessing different user attribute data across dashboards for a single explore.

Example of data table with a Parent Dimension and an Account Dimension with various measures. Built in 1 single Explore

27a4cf28-eed9-46da-8f40-daa830034975.png

Is there an ability to create Access Filter with User Attributes that when a user opens Dashboard 1 They only see data for Rows 1,4,7. But when they open Dashboard 2 they see data for rows 1,2,4,5,7,9. Thinking of a hierarchy based on User Attributes assigned to login with Access Filters on Parent and Account Name

• I’ve tried creating user attributes for a user for both Parent and Account name and it does not seem to work that way as it either gives access to Only Accounts (3 blues in table) or Only Parents (6 green parents) in BOTH dashboards built off the 1 Explore.
  • I’ve tried making Parent a separate join with access filter but have the same issue.

The only thing I can think of is extended the explore into a new one and rebuilding Dashboard 2 (which is actually 10 dashboards with ~15 Looks each so a lot of rebuilding).

Thank you for any thoughts.

1 1 286
1 REPLY 1

I believe I have a similar use case that I’m struggling with - trying to use access filters to filter based on different levels of an organisation hierarchy, depending on which dashboard is being viewed (all built from the same explore). Can this be achieved outside of filtering look-by-look on user attributes?

Any help from the community would be much appreciated.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors