Google Looker actions

I'm attempting to create a dimension based on the value generated by a HTTP request. After some research, it seems that using the `action` field parameter is the best solution I have found. However, there aren't a lot of resources for creating this besides the generic google cloud looker website. Has anyone had any success with using this parameter or can share any examples of using it?

1 3 516
3 REPLIES 3

Via action field parameter  creating dimensions based on HTTP request values seems bit challenging as I haven't found  any resources that might be helpful if you have arrived with solution do share the same will be helpful.

Thanks for the response! Do you have any other suggestions as to how I can accomplish besides using the action field parameter? Ultimately, I want to post an api from another website and receive a specific field from that post using a dimension within Looker as an input. I then want to take that field from the api post and use it within the link field in a dimension in Looker. Just struggling with how to grab that API within Looker

sorry for delay , just for catch up were you able to fix the same

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors