Generate LookML from database missing

Hi everyone,

When I work in my enviroment, I'm able, from the development enviroment, to select "Generate LookML from database", so I will get views/dimensions/etc for each table within the dataset connected:

carlosavendano_0-1692688423309.png

This is really useful, specially if you are facing the issue of losing your LookML files after setting up the connection with GIT, so you can recretate this files from the database again. 

But, when I have tried to recreate the same models in the clients tenants, using exactly the same connection (project id, dataset, servicea account) I found that it generates the same lookML model from the dataset, but I dont have the option to select "Generate LookML from database", so I am not able to regenerate the model from the database anymore:

carlosavendano_1-1692688583011.png

Do you know why is missing only that option? I have checked and the connection is the same, and I'm admin in both enviroments with same roles,

Thanks in advance

Solved Solved
0 2 308
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @carlosavendano - this is currently a Labs feature, so you have to enable it for the instance:

https://cloud.google.com/looker/docs/admin-panel-general-labs#improved_lookml_generation

thank you! this is what I was looking for

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors