Dashboard panels show errors until reload

I’m seeing a transient error on some of the panels of our dashboard. Reloading the dashboard often clears the error and panels further down on the dashboard get the error more frequently than the panels at the top. It looks like:

The panels that have the error have a dimension from a derived table and that table is joined with the main table from the Aurora MySQL database. The derived table is also persistent.

On the dashboard I have a filter set up to include/exclude data based on quarter. I have noticed that when more than one quarter is selected in the filter the load errors are much worse and sometimes do not clear up. Though if I load the dashboard with one quarter selected and then add a second quarter to the filter it behaves much better.

It feels like a race condition with loading the persistent derived table from the database. Is this something that is solved with the datagroup_trigger? I can provide more info but don’t want to flood the post with everything at once.

0 1 222
1 REPLY 1

I used to encounter this error when Looker was connected to Redshift. There was nothing we could do and Engineers said there was no “micro downtime” of any sort. I can’t remember if derived table was also at play but my guess is that it was…

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors