What's the Cloud Certified Group, and how do I get in?

carrie
Community Manager
Community Manager

You may have noticed the link to the Cloud Certified Group, and wondered what it is. The Cloud Certified Group is a private space with exclusive content and opportunities for people with an associate or professional Google Cloud certification.

If you have a Google Cloud certification, and want to enter the community, feel free to request to join! If you don’t have a Google Cloud certification, and want to join the community - well, we’d love to help you get certified! I do want to note that we will not be able to admit you to the community without an active Professional or Associate Google Cloud Certification, but we can definitely help you get there 🙂

The first step is figuring out which certification is right for you. If you’re having trouble choosing (they’re all pretty great!) check out the resources on the certification site. Once you’ve made your decision, get started on your certification path with the appropriate skill badges. If you’ve got questions about the material, or your chosen path, feel free to come back here and ask them with the Training label. You can also add the Foundational, Associate, or Professional label to specify which track you’ve chosen.

When you feel ready, head back to the certification site to register for your exam. Check out the FAQs to make sure you’re primed for test day. After you pass your certification, you’ll be able to request admission to the Cloud Certified Group.

Don’t forget to keep an eye out for challenges in this space that may align with your certification journey!

Solved Solved
9 21 1,869
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great question! You should be able to request access by clicking the button on this page

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21

Thanks for the resources! 🙂

There is a slight mistake in the Google Cloud certification URL in the first paragraph. The the last n is missing in the hyperlink if anyone was wondering why they get a 404 when following the link.

Great catch, thank you! 🙌 All fixed 🙂

@d_thrippleton great catch! Thanks for pointing this out. We will update.

What's the process to request access?. I currently have Associate Cloud Engineer Certificate active until Dec 2021.

Great question! You should be able to request access by clicking the button on this page

Thanks @carrie . I clicked on the button on the page and requested access... I think? It gave me an error, but after refreshing it says my request was submitted.

Awesome! Requests processed several times a week, so you should be able to check out all of the fun in a day or two 🙂

Hi @carrie I did request access and it does say you submitted your request and would be notified upon success . I have an associate engineer certificate. However I don't recall providing any suitable reference links to my certification( unless it figures out from my registered email which is same as the one for the certification)

It is indeed your email address that we use to verify your certified status 🙂

Hi,

I'm Google certified and have signed in with my Google account to try and join the community. However, I see this message when I request to join:

https://d.pr/i/2MwdZ9

Looks like there's a problem.

I'm also still waiting 6 days later.

Thanks for your patience! I was OOO last week and it looks like there was an operational hiccup in my absence, but all requests have been reviewed 🙂

Not sure what to do next.  Its been a week and I am still getting the  cryptic message and unable to join the groupok_google.png

Thanks for your patience! I was OOO last week and it looks like there was an operational hiccup in my absence, but all requests have been reviewed 🙂

Thanks for sorting it out.

Hi @carrie,

Could you please add me to the Cloud Certified Group https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Cloud-Certified-Group/cmp-p/grouphub%3Acloud-certified-group ?
I am Associate Cloud Engineer Certified:
https://www.credential.net/33e56e12-91d4-4f21-bf5d-c33186579013 

Thank you, Linda

Hi Linda! You should be in now 🙂 

Thank you so much!

My request for membership was sent on 8 December but no one has approved or accepted it. Could you please check it once?  @carrie 

@carrie I have sent request to join certified community on june 8 - 2022, still the process is in pending. Could you please take necessary actions and add me to this group.

https://www.credential.net/2fe18f83-f542-4bbd-8b4c-6c1e728b971d?key=03ffc6c82983df954a4fb69fc72e5b9a...

Top Labels in this Space