Video not visible to proctor

I have scheduled a GCP cloud professional data engineer certification test on May 30th. I am using HP Pavillion brand new laptop with 1TB SSD, windows 11 home operating system, Prior to schedule, I have tested my internet download and upload speed which is more than 20MBPS and I have disabled everything (Firewall, Virus, and threat protection, App and browser control). But on the day of the exam I faced a video streaming issue, Proctor was not able to see my video. I have restarted my laptop several times and still faced the same issue. 

The support team asked me to reschedule the exam, I have rescheduled the exam to May 31st: at 8:30 AM. Again the same issue has happened. No one is helping me with what else I should disable for the video feed issue. Now again I have rescheduled the exam for today, May 31st, 2021- at 9:30 PM. I am just wasting 4-5 hours of time each day but no proper guidance about the issue.

I am writing this post because at least somebody will help on the issue.

1 4 824
4 REPLIES 4

carrie
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh no! I know firsthand how frustrating video issues with online exams can be. It sounds like you've already done what I would suggest, which is to turn it off and then back on again. 

Other steps I've taken that have helped me:

• Make sure that my browser settings have the correct video input selected
  • Quit all other apps, even if I don't think they'll be using my camera
  • Make sure I am positioned in an area that isn't backlit - this is more for acceptable quality rather than camera actually not working at all
  • Working with Kryterion support rather than Google Cloud certification support - the Kryterion folks are the ones with backend access to the platform, so they can make sure there are no issues on their end.

I'm not sure if you've been able to check out the certification help page, which might have more info. I hope my reply is helpful, and you're able to complete your exam!

Hi Visruja,

I am facing same issue described by you. My exam has been rescheduled and it is in one hour now. Can you please share what helped you in resolving the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Hi, how was your issue resolved? I am facing the same issue

same thing here. i passed all the requirements and they keep saying my exams did not start with a video stream. 

Top Labels in this Space