Swag import charges

Hello ,

I got a mail to avail my swags.Now it shows as dispatched and it is mentioned 16.59 USD as import duty and fees which is rounghly 1352 INR. The swags are free of cost right then how come I am asked to pay the import tax

Solved Solved
0 15 1,067
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

carrie
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there!

That definitely sounds frustrating, and we never expect our recipients to pay customs on swag. Unfortunately, we can't help much here as the challenge was organized by a different group, and they would be the group responsible for swag fulfillment. I would recommend reaching out to the event/challenge organizers at MongoDB 🙂 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Swags are free but maybe you have to pay the custom charge

Contact printose once 

does this always happen?

because it's my first time participating in the google cloud arcade challenges and if this is gonna happen then I should be aware of this.

For Arcade, the swags are shipped from India so no Customs charges. 

Hey there, I live in India. So If I play arcade (qwiklabs) then I should not have to pay charges right?How much can I get for 7 points?

No charges free of cost delivery as goodies will be shipped from India

Hi There,

This query was for a different event. As part of arcade you will be able to redeem once counter opens and this is shipped from India only

No need to worry schwags are being shipped from India to India so you won't have to pay a single rupee .

No custom No delivery charge

Just to clarify , this query is specific to MongoDB event and it is shipped from US and not India

Did you did the KYC on fedex website.? 

carrie
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there!

That definitely sounds frustrating, and we never expect our recipients to pay customs on swag. Unfortunately, we can't help much here as the challenge was organized by a different group, and they would be the group responsible for swag fulfillment. I would recommend reaching out to the event/challenge organizers at MongoDB 🙂 

Hey i too received the goodie for free there is no charge do not worry 

In the mail there was a mention that you might have some import tax duty based on country so that is why I was verifying the same.

You are from India???

Yes

Okay you wont be charged 😀😀

I think you must have got the package too
Top Labels in this Space