Connect an App to a Cloud SQL for PostgreSQL Instance - lab error

Even though the app keeps deploying correctly, yet the lab tracker reports this error "Please ensure you have successfully deployed gMemegen to cluster postgres-cluster.

Its not tracking the progress very well, kept doing the lab several times but still same issue pops up everytime.

@emily927 , please look into this.

0 29 1,185
29 REPLIES 29

Yeah this lab has bugs sometimes it works sometimes don't
Also yellow badge deadline should be extended

Tried once more and applied every suggested fixes but still the same issue. The app works fine but sadly the lab doesn't detect it.2.png

I've exceeded the no. of tries and it's still showing error but I was able to contact support and told them about the issue, they've assured me to increase the no. of attempts on the lab and are fixing the issue, they will inform me via mail when the lab is operational.

I tried this lab at least 5 times. Still it shows Please ensure you have successfully deployed gMemegen to cluster postgres-cluster error in task 2. Please tell what to do? @emily927 

Try doing the lab after sometime, may be early morning, sometime it works sometime it doesn't, I got it after my seventh try, and if the attempt exceeded error appears then ask support to increase the attempts on the lab. May be use a different browser this time preferably one chromium based.

Lab is working fine try once

still errors with me 😞

Same here! Trying since morning but no luck. Tried everything but the error is hardcoded I guess. 🤠

Restart your device & try again. It should work

I had the same issue few hours back. But now its working. I just completed it right now.

Is it working now ? or the error is still there ?

Still the error is there! 

Completed all the steps correctly:

kirtanc25_0-1673501499582.png

The app is also working fine:

kirtanc25_1-1673501520720.png

Though the progress is not getting checked correctly. 

@emily927 Can you please provide some lights on this? Or the date should be extended.

There is no point in extending the date as if the lab is faulty it would not be completed ever, so they should work on it properly rather than telling people 'we are working on it' from last 2 days.... Yet still the only way to complete the lab is by luck or fluke.. 

It's working fine. I completed it around 8 hours before. Successfully submitted too. 

Is 'WAS' working fine I guess, 8 hours ago... You can see the screenshot attached 

Qwiklabs should first test labs themselves then start any event .

still erros, no hope 

Date extended:

kirtanc25_1-1673528172641.png

Date extended: 

still a hope

kirtanc25_0-1673528151043.png

The same problems and waited for 45 mins!

Screenshot (53).png

In your case you better check the docker image and why it is not launched in pods. As pods show Zero you can wait indefinitely - nothing will happen...no pods, no app up and running.

P.S. I completed the lab with re-pushing the docker image second time.

P.P.S. Still, the lab is faulty, no doubt.

kubectl get pods -> show pods

kubeclt logs <pod name> -> show log

In your case, may be you forget create secrets, or something wrong with image, check cloud artifacts

I checked via Artifact Registry. It showed me that my image was corrupt. I killed it, created a new, pushed it, then pods started. This was one time (out of 5 attempts) when I completed the lab.

I have some good news! 😎

Lab is working and the progress is getting checked successfully.

hurray.png

Badge:

kirtanc25_0-1673529650668.png

what you do in second task

you replace project id in this query

docker build -t ${REGION}-docker.pkg.dev/${PROJECT_ID}/gmemegen/gmemegen-app:v1 .

Lab is working fine now.

Try now.

Worked for me , should work for you too .

I guess that making the lab working is more fun than the lab itself...

Anyone still attempting this:

Issue is with the "lab-monitor" VM in Compute Engine, this is a VM used by the web UI in cloudskillboost to track progress of your lab, just restart it and it will work fine (this is what I did)

giovanni_augus1_0-1673559480830.png

check log of this vm, there is an errors when postgresql client is installed

Top Labels in this Space