File based or DB based trigger poller

Application Integration -

i am following as per application integration triggers, i dont find db based polling or file based polling triggers so checking, do you have any other mechanism to kick start the process.

use case:

1. File based Trigger - When a new file is available in a specific directory, the process should poll and kick start read the file and process.
  2. DB record bas Trigger - When a new record created in a DB table , the process should poll table, if any record status 'NEW' poll and get the start the process.

Question: Do you have file base or db based triggering functionality in application integration?

1 6 99
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @padmanabhamv ,

Welcome to the Google Cloud Community!

To automate processes when a new file is uploaded, use Google Cloud Storage. It triggers a Cloud Function automatically whenever files are added or changed, using an efficient event-driven setup.

For database changes, use Pub/Sub, a service that manages messages. You can set up a Cloud Function to watch a specific storage bucket. When a file is uploaded, the function sends a message to a Pub/Sub topic. Your application, subscribed to this topic, gets notified about the new file, initiating your desired actions.

Hello;

Just to complete @juliadeanne answer, when you use Google Cloud Storage buckets you don't have to implement a cloud function to process the event. As the Cloud Storage trigger pushes to a pub/sub, you can directly use the Application Integration Pub/Sub trigger to start your integration.

Regards

let me try this option.

Pub/Sub trigger is completely different design pattern and purpose is different.

When you use a file based trigger/ db based trigger, its an additional task.  Thanks for suggestion.  Google Application Integration is too far on the basic integration design implementation.

i have open a support ticket, i got the response as below.

We created the following Public Issue Tracker for this Feature Request [1], please keep in mind that there is no ETA for this request yet and there is no guarantee that it will be implemented, but you will be able to get updates and interact with the product team regarding this feature in the aforementioned link.

We hope that this information is helpful for this case, but please let us know if you require further assistance and we will be happy to help.

https://issuetracker.google.com/337346049 

Its in roadmap to have DB/File triggers . Currently Pub/Sub for GCS is an alternative. Thanks for raising the request.We will be tracking it

Thanks Madhuvandhini for your update.