Application Integration - json scheme 'number' parameter issue

I ran into a problem when I created the variable. I specify "Infer from a sample JSON payload" scheme:

{
  "Source": "string",
  "Data": {
    "Request": {
      "Top": 0,
      "Skip": 0
    }
  }
}

and also filling in the Default Value (because you can't do a SetProperty in DataMapping task without it):

{
  "Source": "",
        "Top": 0,
        "Skip": 0
    }
  }
}

Then this value is changed in the DataMapping task and passed to the body Rest Api call task

The problem is that I need to get an integer (0), but it sends a double (0.0). 
Api response error: 

{"apiRequest.Data.Request.Top":["Input string '0.0' is not a valid integer. Path 'Data.Request.Top', line 16, position 16."],"apiRequest.Data.Request.Skip":["Input string '0.0' is not a valid integer. Path 'Data.Request.Skip', line 17, position 17."]}

As I see in the received json scheme:

{
  "$schema": "http://json-schema.org/draft-04/schema#",
  "type": "object",
  "properties": {
            "Top": {
              "type": "number"
            },
            "Skip": {
              "type": "number"
            },
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

Is it possible to explicitly specify integer type in json scheme, because when I change type to integer - I get an error:

Failed to save changes. Please try again later. Error: Message: instance type (number) does not match any allowed primitive type (allowed: ["integer"]) Schema Path:"/properties/Data/properties/Request/properties/Skip" Message: instance type (number) does not match any allowed primitive type (allowed: ["integer"]) Schema Path:"/properties/Data/properties/Request/properties/Top"

The second part of the question - Can I not set a default value for a variable? If I need to create a variable and then set values for it, I use the DataMapping task Json.SetProperty() method. But if the value hasn't been set to default (for example: "[]" for an array) - an error happens.

'Failed to fetch the input value. Reason: [Failed to evaluate transform expression value. Reason: [Value null does not represent a JSON array.]]'

Solved Solved
0 2 743
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Q. Is it possible to explicitly specify integer type in json scheme, because when I change type to integer. 

A. You can change the schema version to draft-07 then the integer validation should succeed and you will no longer get this error. 

"$schema": "http://json-schema.org/draft-07/schema#"

Q. Using JSON.SetProperty without default value 

A. I was able to use JSON.SetProperty without any default value. Here is a sample data mapping: 

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 10.20.44 PM.png

If you are still not able to get JSON.SetProperty work, can you ping me your data mapping and JSON variable schema ?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Q. Is it possible to explicitly specify integer type in json scheme, because when I change type to integer. 

A. You can change the schema version to draft-07 then the integer validation should succeed and you will no longer get this error. 

"$schema": "http://json-schema.org/draft-07/schema#"

Q. Using JSON.SetProperty without default value 

A. I was able to use JSON.SetProperty without any default value. Here is a sample data mapping: 

Screenshot 2023-06-27 at 10.20.44 PM.png

If you are still not able to get JSON.SetProperty work, can you ping me your data mapping and JSON variable schema ?

You can also try Data Transformer Script Task to prepare your body for Rest Api Call Task by converting into String. The script would look something like this:

local f = import "functions";

// Assuming your variable is named as "jsonPayload"
local jsonPayload = std.extVar("jsonPayload");

// Perform the modifications
local modifiedPayload = {
  "Source": "string",
      "Top": 123,
      "Skip": 456
    }
  }
}

// Map the result to integration variable called "restCallBody"
{
  restCallBody: f.toString(modifiedPayload)
}

Let me know if you have any questions.