SAS: SAS grant returns No frequency available

Hello community,

I'm trying to register a Nokia CBSD with Google SAS and I have an error that says "No Frequency Available". I can see the full spectrum is available where I'm about to install the CBSD, I wanted to stage the connection inside a chamber box in our office in Canada (i.e. the signal is isolated inside a box) before the actual installation in the US.

The registration is successful but when asking for the grant it fails.

Do you know what can cause this kind of error?

Could this be related to the fact the CBSD is not currently in the right location?

Thanks,

Solved Solved
1 2 208
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Mathieus,

The SAS uses the installation parameters at the time of registration to calculate your CBSD's spectrum availability. If you are seeing full spectrum availability with the tools in the SAS Portal, the issue may be related to settings on the device itself. That error message appears to be coming directly from your CBSD, as that is not a SAS error code. I would recommend checking your configuration settings to see if there is a mismatch anywhere.

For example: if you registered your device with an EIRP capability of 37 dBm/10MHz, but configured your CBSD to only request grants on channels where >30 dBm/MHz was available, your CBSD might have trouble requesting a grant. In that scenario, your CBSD would find no channels that met your requirements because 37 dBm/10MHz is equivalent to 27 dBm/MHz after converting the units. The SAS would not be able to recommend grants more powerful than 27 dBm/MHz in a spectrum inquiry, none of which would meet your CBSD's requirements.  If after checking your CBSD's settings you do not find such a configuration mismatch, your CBSD vendor may be better able to assist in troubleshooting the cause of this error message.

Kind regards,

James

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Mathieus,

The SAS uses the installation parameters at the time of registration to calculate your CBSD's spectrum availability. If you are seeing full spectrum availability with the tools in the SAS Portal, the issue may be related to settings on the device itself. That error message appears to be coming directly from your CBSD, as that is not a SAS error code. I would recommend checking your configuration settings to see if there is a mismatch anywhere.

For example: if you registered your device with an EIRP capability of 37 dBm/10MHz, but configured your CBSD to only request grants on channels where >30 dBm/MHz was available, your CBSD might have trouble requesting a grant. In that scenario, your CBSD would find no channels that met your requirements because 37 dBm/10MHz is equivalent to 27 dBm/MHz after converting the units. The SAS would not be able to recommend grants more powerful than 27 dBm/MHz in a spectrum inquiry, none of which would meet your CBSD's requirements.  If after checking your CBSD's settings you do not find such a configuration mismatch, your CBSD vendor may be better able to assist in troubleshooting the cause of this error message.

Kind regards,

James

Hi James,

That was exactly the issue, thanks a lot.

I was requesting too much power because of the antenna gain that I had not calculated.

Have a nice day,