Explanantion of the Co-Ex Values on the SAS Portal

I've observed varying coexistence (coex) values for radios placed in close proximity, and I'm eager to understand the intricacies of how these coex values are determined. Specifically, I'm curious if the calculations consider the deployment grants of my own radios in the nearby area. Is there a concept of an 'influenceable radius' for radios, where coex values only account for radios within this region? Moreover, I'd appreciate insights into how the deployment grants of other users are taken into consideration in the overall coexistence calculations. Your valuable expertise and insights on this matter would be immensely appreciated! 

Solved Solved
1 1 187
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The channel quality scores in the Coex tab of the SAS Portal represent a combination of two values:

1. How much power the SAS estimates could be approved on day 2 of the grant's lifecycle on that channel, for that CBSD. 
  2. How much interference the SAS predicts the CBSD might experience on that channel from other users of the CBRS band.

Interference generated from your own CBSDs is not taken into account unless you are taking advantage of channel guidance functionality. Interference generated from other CBRS users is. There is not a fixed radius, the SAS uses CBSD installation parameters, grant data, and topographical data to predict which grants are likely to cause interference with your own. Assuming that the power available on all channels is the same, a lower channel quality score in the Coex tab is going to indicate a greater level of interference. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

The channel quality scores in the Coex tab of the SAS Portal represent a combination of two values:

1. How much power the SAS estimates could be approved on day 2 of the grant's lifecycle on that channel, for that CBSD. 
  2. How much interference the SAS predicts the CBSD might experience on that channel from other users of the CBRS band.

Interference generated from your own CBSDs is not taken into account unless you are taking advantage of channel guidance functionality. Interference generated from other CBRS users is. There is not a fixed radius, the SAS uses CBSD installation parameters, grant data, and topographical data to predict which grants are likely to cause interference with your own. Assuming that the power available on all channels is the same, a lower channel quality score in the Coex tab is going to indicate a greater level of interference.