Bucket Restore - Anyone had it done

In a moment of complete insanity and getting browsers windows mixed up, a bucket has been deleted with 120 webinars in it. Has anyone tried and been successful in having a bucket restored (happy to throw money at it) as to be honest i would NEVER have recommded this product for storage to anyone knowing the deletions were final.. it seems a little 'extreme' even though you are given plenty of warnings.

I understand the answer is a likely no, and yes I should have heeded the warnings BUT this was an accident, not design - same folder names, two seperate strorages on different systems.

Feeling physically sick right now... WE have masters somewhere, but getting them back soon is not quick.. 

1 6 1,913
6 REPLIES 6

You need to request a bucket restore.

This might be done over a support case under a valid business justification.

Thanks for the reply, I started paid support sub (didn't expect this for free), reached out and was told that ONCE per customer only a restore can be done.

All details were confirmed over the weekend, and it is now with the cloud storage team. Expected (all going well) to be restored by Wednesday 2pm BST.. fingers cross.

As its not a 'documented' service, there is no SLA, hence the delay - I only have 241 items but those items are irreplaceable.

Hi @Morgan_L !

have you managed to restore the bucket ?

Yeah, google did a one off restore - got it all back

Happy to hear that 🙂

Good luck in restoring your bucket.  Check out "Options for controlling data lifecycles" in GCP documentation.  Object Versioning will retain "old versions" of the bucket in case of accidental deletion of the bucket.  Defining a retention period will also prevent accidental deletion of key buckets.    all the best; pf.