Batch job stuck in "Deleting" Status

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 9.04.19 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 9.04.45 PM.png

This is still appearing as of today (04/30/2023) on the batch job list.

There is no active VM on Compute Engine which is nice at least. 

Job UID: us-central1-vmtest-1c4eee43-2dab-43960

When I look at the error logs for this particular job the very last thing I see is:

time="2023-04-28T18:03:34Z" level=error msg="error waiting for container: unexpected EOF"

-------------

When I look at the Activity section on the dashboard, these are additional errors I see for this exact job. 

Screenshot 2023-04-30 at 9.21.34 PM.png

Failed: Delete Instance group manager:
Error Message: Invalid argument (HTTP 400): The resource 'projects/blah/regions/us-central1/instanceGroupManagers/us-central1-vmtest-1c4eee43-2dab-43960-group0-0' is not ready

Failed: Delete instance template
Error Message: Invalid argument (HTTP 400): RESOURCE_IN_USE_BY_OTHER_RESOURCE

Let me know please if there is any other info I can provide to help correct this. I want to particularly make sure theres no instance of me being billed or anything of that nature while this batch job was stuck not being deleted. 

@bolianyin , @Shamel 

Solved Solved
0 4 440
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, 

Thanks for reaching out. Like Shamel said, since the VMs were cleaned up and our backend retried cleaning this job. Would you please try deleting the job again and let us know if that works for you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@1011 - We are investigating the job being stuck in Deleting status.

Since there are no VMs assigned, there should be no charge being incurred at this time. You can verify this by checking your Billing report and on the right there will be a Filter section in which you can use the Labels to filter on the key: batch-job-uid and value: us-central1-vmtest-1c4eee43-2dab-43960. More details on tracking billing in Batch Pricing.

Thanks for the prompt response! And for the information about the billing. @Shamel 

Just keep me posted on whatever the investigation leads to. Thank you! 

Hi, 

Thanks for reaching out. Like Shamel said, since the VMs were cleaned up and our backend retried cleaning this job. Would you please try deleting the job again and let us know if that works for you.

Yep, success! Not sure what you all did on your end but I was able to go and manually delete the job. Thank you! 🙂 

Screenshot 2023-05-03 at 2.07.10 PM.png