Getting error at the time of service account activation

We are facing an error below while enabling the google cloud client service account. Can someone help me solve this problem?

ERROR: (gcloud.auth.activate-service-account) There was a problem refreshing your current auth tokens: <html>
<head><title>405 Not Allowed</title></head>
<body>
<center><h1>405 Not Allowed</h1></center>
<hr><center>openresty</center>
</body>
</html>

0 4 1,731
4 REPLIES 4

Hello ksmohan,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

Can you confirm the steps that you're going through when this failure occurs? I see that you're authenticating with a service account, then running some other things. I want to see if I can reproduce this.

Thanks!

i am also facing same issue @ksmohan  are you resolved this issue?

when we performing Install and configure BigQuery Connector for SAP on a host outside of Google Cloud facing below issue.

ERROR: (gcloud.auth.activate-service-account)        There was a problem refreshing your current auth tokens:

405 Not Allowed

openresty

Please run:

$ gcloud auth login

to obtain new credentials.

If you have already logged in with a different account, run:

$ gcloud config set account ACCOUNT

SAME ISSUE HERE I GET "you do not currently have an active account selected" THIS MSG

Hello @yaseen39,

Welcome to Google Cloud Community!

The error "code 405 not allowed" refers to the request to refresh your authentication tokens was not permitted by the remote server due to invalid or expired credentials. You need to either log in with a valid Google Cloud account that has the necessary permissions to activate service accounts or switch to a different account with the required permissions.

• Make sure that you have a Google Cloud account with the BigQuery Service Account User role or a custom role that grants permission to activate service accounts.
  • Double-check the service account credentials (JSON key file) you're using. Make sure they are valid, have not expired, and have the necessary permissions.

See BigQuery Connector for SAP for additional info

Thanks!