GCP SKU Id for a resource to get the billing information

Hi team, 

Can you please advise how I can get the SKU for a particular machine type as mentioned below. In the pricing API, I get the SKU id which is like for a particular family type instead of a particular SKU within a family type.      

n2d-highcpu-2
n1-standard-2
e2-standard-2
n1-highcpu-2
n2-highcpu-2
c2d-highcpu-2
n2d-standard-2
t2a-standard-2
t2d-standard-2
e2-highmem-2
c2d-standard-2

6 REPLIES 6

You can try to use labels to break down your billing charges per resource. For example, on Compute Engine, you can use labels to group VMs in categories such as production, staging, or development so that you can search for resources that belong to each development stage.

A label is a key-value pair that helps you organize your Google Cloud resources. You can attach a label to each resource, then filter the resources based on their labels. Information about labels is forwarded to the billing system, so you can break down your billed charges by label.

More in information:

If this workaround provided does not satisfy your requirement for billing or need more information about billing using specific SKUs, please contact Billing Support.

Sorry, this solution does not. I want to know the price of the specific SKU which is tough to get in the GCP. Unit rate is also not available not the all types of family via the API which also a challenge to use the unit rate per cpu and per GB to calculate the price per hour for an SKU.    

Have you found any solution to find the price of a specific sku or the sku description for that specific sku?

SKU description is available here:

This is not helping. Cost SKU and resources which are created are not connected, that is a big gap I see.  

Agreed.  It seems incredibly strange that it's this difficult to correlate SKUs and specific resources, if it's even possible at all. I was fully expecting to be able to do something that basic without having to try the same thing via BQ billing export.