Stroing PII Data On BigQuery

Hi,

I would like to know how to store PII data on BigQuery in regards to GDPR ot other restrictions in case I ingest data from CRM system to BigQuery?

Is there any action I need to do in order to be able to store the PII data safely?

Thanks in advance

1 1 611
1 REPLY 1

Below are a few of the tools that we provide to help you better manage your sensitive data like PII.  Hopefully this helps get you started. 

Sensitive Data Protection (link) This includes our discovery service designed to help you scan, classify, and monitor your BigQuery footprint to give you visibility into what tables and columns contain sensitive information like PII.   Understanding where this data lives, is a critical step to ensuring that you have the right protections and posture in place.  Additionally, you can use tools to de-identify your data to reduce the risk of storing and operating on clear/raw PII. 

BigQuery Policy Tags (linkThis enables column level policy control that can help you balance and manage access to extra sensitive columns (such as a column of PII).  This enables you to define allow/deny policy in columns or turn on dynamic masking so some users get obfuscated data. 

Security Command Center (linkThis service can help identify security misconfigurations, vulnerabilities, and threats in your Google Cloud environment and resolve them with actionable recommendations.