Cannot create project: GCP has been disabled. But I am Super Admin and GCP is ON for everyonw

I am trying to set up a project (for mail migration). I started the GCO dashboard, logged in as my org admin (Super Admin) yet, when I try to create a project I get an error:

Google Cloud Platform service has been disabled. Please contact your administrator to turn the service on in the Google Workspace Admin console.

in admin/google.com for my org, it shows

Google Cloud Platform:  ON for everyone

It then says that I am missing various IAM or resource permissions,. (these keep changing) but I cannot find where I would set them

eg:

You are missing the following required permissions:

Organization

iam.roles.list

Is there any proper documentation for this?
0 2 7,778
2 REPLIES 2

IAM permissions can be set on GCP IAM:

Screenshot_182.png

You need to have the permission of org administrator on IAM to set permissions.

Maybe somebody removed your permission.

About the GCP being disabled, maybe you're on an especific OU with this service disabled.

1. Go to https://admin.google.com/
2. Click on Main Menu icon in the upper left corner - > Apps -> Additional Google Services - > Location Google Cloud Platform - Turn it ON.
3. Refresh the whole browser -> Click on Main Menu icon in the upper left corner - > Apps -> Additional Google Services - > Location Google Cloud Platform and click on it - A new page will be opened where on check 'Allow users to create projects' ->Save. See the image to learn it in easy way: Google_Admin