Permission denied to enable service [cloudaicompanion.googleapis.com]

Hi All,

I can't setup Duet AI In Google Cloud Preview with the following error

ERROR: (gcloud.services.enable) PERMISSION_DENIED: Permission denied to enable service [cloudaicompanion.googleapis.com]
Help Token: AZ-7fWIrIE1vn4BnFwgxgYiXYacPH8iA-he6xvkPkN4komgjnDRTiKqIIdN7_3lLgyMJ2xzOpYkAXHXFNzvretkNOoO2fo2IQbdYt1R0FLnWwxta
- '@type': type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.PreconditionFailure
  violations:
  - subject: ?error_code=110002&service=servicemanagement.googleapis.com&permission=servicemanagement.services.bind&resource=PROJECT_ID
    type: googleapis.com
- '@type': type.googleapis.com/google.rpc.ErrorInfo
  domain: serviceusage.googleapis.com
  metadata:
    permission: servicemanagement.services.bind
    resource: PROJECT_ID
    service: servicemanagement.googleapis.com
  reason: AUTH_PERMISSION_DENIED

I have followed Google Cloud documentation https://cloud.google.com/duet-ai/docs/discover/set-up-duet-ai#activate-duet-ai 

I have also been granted access to Duet AI In Google Cloud Preview

Screenshot_1.png

And Google Cloud’s AI Trusted Tester Program

Screenshot_2.png

Are there any steps that I missed?
Is there someone already successfully set up Duet AI in Google Cloud?

0 4 1,127
4 REPLIES 4

Hello, 

As per the documentation: https://cloud.google.com/duet-ai/docs/discover/set-up-duet-ai#activate-duet-ai
Did you submit the project ID/IDs as mentioned in the below step?
"If you're accepted, you receive an email with instructions to submit the ID of each Google Cloud project that you want to use Duet AI with. After you submit the required project IDs, you can proceed with the remaining steps in this document."

If the project/projects is/are not whitelisted for Duet-AI, you may face this issue.

Hi @SanketK,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I already submitted my project ID as per email instruction from google as you can see on the following screenshot

Screenshot_2023-11-02-18-49-13-970_com.google.android.gm-edit.jpg

Are there any other way to check if my project is actually added or any way to add another project maybe?

Hi @abdul-aziz ,

Thanks for confirming this.

I request you to open a support case for validation since the support team is better equipped to validate the project list.

Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi there @abdul-aziz, Duet AI is not generally available. Were you able to get a support ticketing going?