Is AppSheet Listening? Users Say "NO" to Buggy Updates

The Dev team only reviewed and resolved 10 out of 1,830 ideas and requests from the community. A ratio that is too low for a new product leaves too much room for improvement.The Dev team only reviewed and resolved 10 out of 1,830 ideas and requests from the community. A ratio that is too low for a new product leaves too much room for improvement.

Feeling unheard as an AppSheet user? You're not alone. Many users are expressing disappointment with recent updates, questioning their value and convenience. Instead of smooth improvements, we're seeing new and old bugs popping up, while long-requested features remain neglected. Where's the AppSheet team in all this? We deserve transparency and a roadmap for future updates that address our needs.

Let's have an honest conversation:

1. Which recent AppSheet updates have been most frustrating for you?
  2. What features are you desperately waiting for that haven't materialized?
  3. How has the recent increase in bugs impacted your workflow?
  4. It's time for AppSheet to listen to its users. Share your thoughts and frustrations below, and let's make our voices heard!

Remember, constructive criticism is key to progress. Let's work together to make AppSheet a better platform for everyone.

Status Open
21 28 1,227
28 Comments
peterson
Silver 2
Silver 2

1. INPUT update was frustrating, I mean it is cool but not a big deal to make a live to talk about it. I was waiting for more.

2. They are many. I'm waiting for more customization features, such as more options of layout instead of the only 3 ones available, make videos with AppSheet, more views such as Kanban, Gantt. Multi Select images and files. The list is huge.

3. I haven't been affected by bugs recently.

4. I'm afraid Google discontinue AppSheet and we all loose our apps. Appsheet is so powerful but it seems they are no longer working in it.

hien_nguyen
Silver 2
Silver 2

Totally agree with you 

Denzil_Snyman
Silver 2
Silver 2

Agree with many of the above... feeling worried yes. I made my career to get clients onto appsheet.. 

peterson
Silver 2
Silver 2

Me too, I have built apps using AppSheet and they are core users, they pay per it. I hope nothing worse happens

hien_nguyen
Silver 2
Silver 2

The Dev team only reviewed and resolved 10 out of 1,830 ideas and requests from the community. A ratio that is too low for a new product leaves too much room for improvement.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

@hien_nguyen wrote:

Actually, no. I've noticed several posts marked as 'delivered' when they weren't. It seems they're focusing on tasks nobody requested, or perhaps they're NOT working on anything significant.

As for this post, their lack of response speaks volumes.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

I just realized that the majority of those ten items marked as 'delivered' haven't actually been completed. I commented to inform them, but it seems like it might not make any difference.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

Easy & cheap link for Google SQL instance - Google Cloud Community

Add action not appearing in Dashboard View - Use t... - Page 2 - Google Cloud Community

Make easier the way of manipulating dates - Google Cloud Community  

Forms on Dashboard View - Page 2 - Google Cloud Community  

Google "Tables" - new integration? - Google Cloud Community  

None delivered. @AleksiAlkio How can we effectively raise this matter with the managers? We are currently grappling with an alarming number of issues, and the proliferation of inaccurate information is simply unacceptable. When a client reviews the situation and perceives a feature as delivered when it hasn't been, it casts doubt on my ability to provide a viable solution. This situation is extending far beyond what can be deemed as tolerable.

AleksiAlkio
Gold 4
Gold 4

@Rifad Thanks

Seems that a 'native' looping action has been requested a long time ago but still no sign of it.

Also a more natural many-to-many relationship handler to a bridge table, it seems that rather than adding an actual row to the bridge table you should be able to handle this functionality via REF_ROWS as an ENUMLIST selector.

baba_sawane
Silver 5
Silver 5

What features are you desperately waiting for that haven't materialized?

Here, some features that would be the most useful for everyone in my pov :

• Gantt chart view (top tier feature for any management apps)
  • address column with autocompletion/suggestions
  • Drive folder view > let users access to files and subfolders in a collection of files table view 
  • Copy to clipboard action
  • remove the "Use" button in enumlist 
  •  iFrame views
  • real chat apps (a chat view) (possible now with quicksync) (and to go further for workspace users, let us make calls, this is what I call a useful integration)
  • improve features of maps with custom background (draw)
  • let us right clic on map view (and use google geometric tools to calculate surface/distance)
  • improved drawings (basic geometric tools).
  • Compatibility of webhook return values with complex jsons

What I would suggest to the devs is that they could use less ressources by implementing existing Google products within appsheet instead of builting them from raw: 

Charts > Looker Studio or Google Sheets or any 3rd party 

Maps > Google maps (ok)

Communication > Google Chat

Calendar view should be easily linkable to Google Calendar

THÀNH_TNT
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

Perhaps it's time we need to find an alternative solution.
Three weeks have passed.
The developer no longer cares about users.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

@baba_sawane wrote:

• real chat apps (a chat view) (possible now with quicksync) (and to go further for workspace users, let us make calls, this is what I call a useful integration)
  •  

They are making fun out of themselves these days.

@baba_sawane wrote:

What I would suggest to the devs is that they could use less ressources by implementing existing Google products within appsheet instead of builting them from raw: 

I think AppSheet doesn't have enough resources anymore. It feels like there aren't many employees working on useful features and bug fixes.

Rifad
Silver 5
Silver 5

Clearly, all the blame lies on the manager of AppSheet—no doubt about it. They were doing a fantastic job back in the day during @pravse era