Why the filter by field in the table does not work?

I tried to filter the table using the filter by field as below. If filter by this alone, the data shows as filtered.

1.png

But when I saved this table and look it in the dashboard. The filter by field does not work and show the information that I don't want to show as below.

2.png

I'm not sure is it because of the filter on top (yellow box) that affect it or not.

Is there anyway that I can keep the filter in the table, but still use filter on the top (yellow box) at the same time without this kind of error?

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
0 4 968
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If the case is that you always want to filter everytime this values, you can apply this filter using sql_always_where inside of the explore where this data lives.
And then you can put the filter inside of the dashboard without any value. Whenever you enter inside of the dashboard it will filter by those and if somebody wants to filter inside of the dashboard by specific value they can select out of the ones that you specified inside of the sql_always_parameter.
The bad thing here is that you are restricting always this data to those values.
If this is not your case, i'm afraid that I don't have any other workaround for it. 😕

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hey @KanyaluckCh ! 
This happens because the filters on the top of the dashboard will overwrite the filters inside of the viz.
If you only want to apply those filter values inside of the tile and to not allow on the dashboard view to filter by it, edit the Filter options to not filter this tile selecting the option Do Not Filter.
If this is not the case, please share your thoughts and desired output in order to suggest you the proper solution.

Thanks @dsimeonova !

I get the point that the filter at the top is overwrite the filter inside the viz now. But what if I want to have the filter in the viz as predefined filter every time that we open this page, and still wanna keep the filter on the top to filter any value as well. 

Do you have any suggestion for this? 😄

If the case is that you always want to filter everytime this values, you can apply this filter using sql_always_where inside of the explore where this data lives.
And then you can put the filter inside of the dashboard without any value. Whenever you enter inside of the dashboard it will filter by those and if somebody wants to filter inside of the dashboard by specific value they can select out of the ones that you specified inside of the sql_always_parameter.
The bad thing here is that you are restricting always this data to those values.
If this is not your case, i'm afraid that I don't have any other workaround for it. 😕

Thank you @dsimeonova . I think this helps a lot. I will try this way 😄

Top Labels in this Space