Updating tiles automatically when changing filters

Is there a possibility to automatically update the dashboard when changing a filter?

Now you have to click on the update button, which is on the far right of the screen, after applying new filter conditions. 

405ea6cc-02bc-4b2d-9b31-c68b5df42734.png

Moving this button next to the filters or even removing it and automatically updating the tiles would be a great feature. Is this possible?

2 2 1,730
2 REPLIES 2

This could be a good feature for categorical filters. But imagine a date filter, let’s say I am at 2021-01-01 to 2021-01-08 and suddenly I want to switch to similar period last year. I change the first field to 2020-01-01 and that would cause the Dashboard to run again for a whole year. That is a potential for some expensive queries.

I do think that when creating filters, we could have an option that is FALSE by default, to say “Reload tiles connected to this filter on change”

This could be a good feature for categorical filters. But imagine a date filter, let’s say I am at 2021-01-01 to 2021-01-08 and suddenly I want to switch to similar period last year. I change the first field to 2020-01-01 and that would cause the Dashboard to run again for a whole year. That is a potential for some expensive queries.

I do think that when creating filters, we could have an option that is FALSE by default, to say “Reload tiles connected to this filter on change”

That’s indeed a potential for expensive queries. In our case it would be mainly the ‘country’ filter that would be changed, so having the option would be nice

Top Labels in this Space