Table visualization broken in new dashboard scheduled pdf (7.20)

The new “next” dashboards work very nicely for graphical visualizations, but something seems to be broken with tables - they force tables to be narrow and cut off the right-most columns when scheduling a pdf, no matter what I do.

I’ve tried both the legacy and new table visualizations; for tables with just 2 or 3 column or pivoted dimensions and 1 measure it seems fine, even if the pivot produces 12 columns or more. But when I have 6 or more column dimensions and 2 measures it ALWAYS cuts the table down to just 4 or 5 columns, and the measures don’t show up at all. See the attached example, which was obtained using the legacy table visualization and creating it as a pdf (portrait, letter size) sent via email using the schedule tool.

Asking for landscape or any of the other options available doesn’t seem to help. I’ve tried using the new table visualization and specifying column widths, but if I make the widths narrower, the resulting table just gets narrower and narrower and never displays more columns.

I have some monthly reports coming up that really need these full tables, and I don’t know how to fix this!

0 2 628
2 REPLIES 2

Update: I discovered I can get more columns with the new table visualization if I expand the box in the dashboard horizontally - right now I have it about twice as wide as the full set of table columns when viewed in the web browser (Chrome) - after I had manually shrunk column widths as much as feasible. Doing that seems to now show all the columns in the pdf version. But there’s definitely some sort of scale problem between the width of a new table visualization in a dashboard and what then results in the pdf version.

This seems to have been going on for well over a year. Some versions resolve some issues but introduce or reintroduce issues. As you say, there is a lot of manually screwing about with column widths, there is also a problem with not wrapping column header text and truncation. 

Top Labels in this Space