Sudden change in label ordering in explores

Update: This issue has been confirmed by Looker and was unintentionally caused by v24.0. A ticket has been opened with the engineering team.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello All - we've used the leading spaces technique for ordering the fields in our explores for quite some time. We've put these spaces in the group_item_label without issue, until today, when I noticed the ordering reverted back to alphabetical order based on the label field. 
If I add the leading spaces to the label field, it still works, but doing that across all our explores will be a significant amount of rework.

Anyone else seeing this sudden change in behavior? 

Solved Solved
1 5 1,504
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We noticed on 3/28/24 that Looker had resolved the field ordering issue on our instance. Hopefully everyone else has seen the same.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yes! We're seeing this, as well. Your post was very helpful, and it's good to hear you've already been working with Looker eng to get a ticket going. Thanks.

I'm also experiencing this change and it's drastically impacted the organization of our explores.

Hi,

thanks for following up with info about Looker acknowledging this. Did they say they were going to fix this back to old behaviour?

Hi @IanT - yes, the Looker engineering team has assessed the issue and given it a medium priority for resolution. That's based on our biz impact, but it is impacting all users on Looker v24.0.

I'm not sure how that translates to a timeline, if there is a larger impact to your/others business, filing a ticket through Looker could elevate it further. 

We noticed on 3/28/24 that Looker had resolved the field ordering issue on our instance. Hopefully everyone else has seen the same.

Top Labels in this Space