Looker Resize Table (Report)

Is it possible to manually resize table reports in Looker? I know you can do this with table legacy but not with table report. I’m able to use the auto layout with automatic column width to fit all text, but if I have multiple tables in a dashboard I can’t manually resize the table to make all my tables the same size. Is there a solution to this?

0 6 138
6 REPLIES 6

Hey @duy_nguyen26 !
My only workaround when I want several table reports to align in a dashboard (and so manual resize it to make it equal size columns for all table reports), it's setting an equal number for the width of the column in each table report.
When you go to the settings of the visualization there is a section where for each column(field) you can specify a width size:

dsimeonova_0-1712835933090.png

It's not a perfect workaround but still it's a way to make all of the tables to have the same size for each column.
Hope this helps! If not, please come back and share your insights 🙂

Thanks for answering my question. 

I'm using table (Report) Chart, so just see the option show Layout auto, It just scales based on the max length of data inside the column, so the size was not synchronized between the column and i can't not using conditional formating anymore

Hey @duy_nguyen26 

Using the Report Table, i've tried this:
Selecting Even in Layout and de-selecting the Auto scale:

dsimeonova_1-1712908079626.png

The result makes the tables look like this in a dashboard:

dsimeonova_0-1712908038234.png

Is that what you are looking for?

but when I have more than 3 cols the option even was not scaled to full size, Do we have another way to resize manually or the same size for all cols

Yeah, there are some limitations after certain amount of columns/fields selected...
The usual table viz allows you this but I cannot think of another option related to the Report table. 
Did you consider changing the viz ?

I still using the table (report) because I want to transpose the measure to the row and the dimension to the top which the another Table can't do that

Top Labels in this Space