Looker - Can an end user access a hidden measure?

So in our team we occasionally add dimensions that are useful but not commonly used as "hidden:yes". This is to have it available for use via custom dimensions since you can access hidden dimensions in the custom dimension feature. It's nice because we have the field available when needed but it doesn't clutter or confuse end users on the main field picker list.

Can the same be done with hidden measures? I tried finding hidden measures in the custom measure creator but it didn't appear. Nor did I find it in the list of fields in table calculations.

Is there anyway to access those hidden measures in the same way that hidden dimensions can be found via custom fields?

0 2 79
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Jibernal, Thanks for posting your question. One workaround would be to create the custom measure yourself using the involved dimension, thus avoiding the use of hidden measures. Do let me know if that would be possible to implement or not.

In this case the definition of the measure is a little more complex than a simple avg/median/max/min that the custom measure option allows for so this wouldn't be viable as an alternative.

Top Labels in this Space