Is there a way to directly upload data from an Excel file or CSV into Looker?

I serve as a Looker explorer at my company, where I endeavor to upload the data, independent of the warehouse database connection, with the objective of constructing dashboards within Looker.

Solved Solved
0 4 2,848
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Onelearn888 - If believe you are referring to Looker Studio, you may connect it with csv kept in local or else upload the csv or excel to google drive and then connect to it. Please check the LINK. for steps.

~Ashish

View solution in original post

Looker cannot directly support uploading data, It expects your data to be in a Warehouse.

As suggested by @a_shah , Looker Studio supports uploading your data.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Onelearn888 - If believe you are referring to Looker Studio, you may connect it with csv kept in local or else upload the csv or excel to google drive and then connect to it. Please check the LINK. for steps.

~Ashish

Super thanks @a_shah  Could I inquire if the formula for Looker and Looker Studio is the same?  I've never had experience with Looker Studio

Looker cannot directly support uploading data, It expects your data to be in a Warehouse.

As suggested by @a_shah , Looker Studio supports uploading your data.

@prabhakaran_mai Thank you for your advice. If there are limitations with Looker, I might consider using Lokker Studio instead.

Top Labels in this Space