How can I identify which dim/meas are being used in downstream reports?

I’m an admin for my company’s Looker instance. The Content Validator doesn’t provide the functionality I’d like, albeit it does offer the option to input and find a field, view, explore, or model “name” and to input a “replacement … name.”

What I’d like is to only find, and not replace, a field name specifically, and have the result(s) returned in the UI (similar to what’s shown in the Content Validator pane when the “Validate” button is clicked).

7d0b2daa-b02b-4237-ac9b-34ba3610d204.png
Solved Solved
0 4 506
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Check Looker Int/ system activity explore. There is an option to select ‘Fields’ (under Query) and view all the lookId’s and dashboardId’s which contain that field name. Call the field as a filter and pass your field name value with ‘Contains’.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I feel the same way. I can't help it, so I switch to development mode, comment out the Dimension/Measure , ​​​​​​and run Content Validator to find out.

Check Looker Int/ system activity explore. There is an option to select ‘Fields’ (under Query) and view all the lookId’s and dashboardId’s which contain that field name. Call the field as a filter and pass your field name value with ‘Contains’.

The Looker Int/system feature is available under Looker's Admin area. I'm on the free version of Looker Studio. Am I out of luck?

Thanks for the suggestion, @masutaka-pay2. I’m finding that your suggestion is not capturing nor showing the results I expected once I switch to a dev branch, comment out the field, and run the Content Validator. @Shru, your approach shows exactly what I need, thanks!

Top Labels in this Space