How can I create a dimension that captures if all entries in a column of are completed?

Hi! The title is a bit confusing, so I will put an example here:

I have a survey that gets sent out to Users. In Looker, I can see Column A for Survey Type, and Column B for Survey Question. Column C has the Answers (string, boolean, etc.). The first column contains User ID.

I want to create a dimension that looks at whether the every User ID has completed the assessment completely by checking if all answers for Survey X are complete?

The output would be a table of Column 1: User IDs, and then Column 2: Survey Complete (Yes or No). Currently, it outputs that, but it treats each question of the survey as its own survey due to the way I wrote the if statement.

I am not sure if I can use the if() function to see if ${table.survey_name} = “Survey X” AND then somehow for each question is_null(${table.survey_answer}) = no, then “Yes” and “No” at the end of the if statement. I did something like this, but it of course returns Yes (complete) for each question, when I just want one output per Survey type per User ID. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

0 1 96
1 REPLY 1

Gosh, disregard this question. There’s a field for this called status that would solve my issue, and I just never saw it until now (phew!). But if you know the way to do something like the scenario above using the if() or other statements, that would still be great to know for other use cases. thx!

Top Labels in this Space