Filtering that has one selection but works like a contains

I have a table and each viewer has permissions based (user_attribute) on dimension Business Group.

The dimension Business Group can have multiple values, currently in this format ["Group 1","Group 2"] but format can be changed if it needs to be

Example data table

User/ViewerBusiness NameBusiness GroupSalesRevenue
BobBusiness A["Group 2"]314250000
GeorgeBusiness B["Group 1","Group 2"]24521000000
SandraBusiness C["Group 1"]141275000

Currently the Dropdown has options of ["Group 1"]; ["Group 2"]; ["Group 1","Group 2"]

Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.44.46 AM.png

What I would like to have
I want that when the user George opens a dashboard the dropdown filter has an option for Group 1 and Group 2 (since that is what his user_attribute permission allows him to see)
Screen Shot 2023-08-11 at 11.42.59 AM.png

When George logs into the dashboard he will see both groups

When George select Group 1 in the filter he gets results for all Business's in Group 1

SandraBusiness C["Group 1"]141275000

When George Selects Group 2 from the filter he gets Group 2 Business Groups

BobBusiness A["Group 2"]314250000

Can't you setup an Advanced Filter in the Dashboard and do "Contains: Group 1"?
Yes, but the default for the advanced filter if you do not have a value selected in the filter will be "is", we have over 500 users and know for a fact they will select IS Group 1 and nothing will load for users that have multiple Business Groups. Big friction point for users especially when there are 10+ dashboards and filters don't stick when moving across them.

Trying to get Contains to stick in a Advanced Filter: As far as testing I've done if I set the default Advanced Filter to Contains: Group 1 then when Bob opens the dashboard nothing loads by default because he doesn't have access to Business Group 1 and has to change the filter. 

Maybe there is something with filtering matches advanced or matches user attribute I'm not thinking of?

Hope to hear if anyone else has any other ideas.

0 0 54
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space