Filter to show non-selected values

Hi,

I am creating a dashboard and want to show data in 2 separate tiles. The first tile will be the selected widgets based on Filter A. The second tile will be the other widgets based on the values not selected in Filter A. 

Is there any way that I can setup the filtering so that a single change in Filter A will show the non-selected values in my second tile?

Thanks!

0 2 700
2 REPLIES 2

Looker may not have the option to do this dynamically yet. Also, I don't think any tool has this option (I maybe wrong).

What is your use case exactly? Is it like you have 5 categories and the 1st tile shows values based on selected categories and 2nd tile should show the total of unselected values?

One suggestion: Try to keep one tile showing values of all categories. No filters should affect this one.

Keep the other tile with same value but allow filters. This will help your users always tally the counts from the main set as those counts remain the same. Keep the main tile as detailed as possible like provide subtotals etc. It would be easy to understand and highlight the count mismatch.

Thanks for the response. Yes, that use case description fits what I was wanting to do. Went with that solution as well, as that was the best way to showcase the data.

Figured there was no direct solution but also realized it would be easy to ask the community in case there was a solution or technique I had not thought about.

Top Labels in this Space