Embed Looker visualizations in Google Slides / Powerpoint and automate slide decks

Hey everyone,

Every week, our team of analysts use Looker dashboards to create our business reviews in Google Slides. They set a bunch of filters on the dashboards, take screenshots of the results, and put them in presentations. They do the same thing every Tuesday, with the same filters and the updated dashboard. It takes up their whole Tuesday.

Is there a way to automate this process and get them to focus on something else?

Thanks,

Greg

Solved Solved
2 19 3,732
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rollstack does exactly this. We have discovered the product here, and big fan since then.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19

Rollstack does exactly this. We have discovered the product here, and big fan since then.

We explored many options before, but Rollstack was the only satisfying solution to this problem. I like how you can repurpose exactly what is created in Looker, and for us that was key. Why paying for a BI tool if it's to have people creating things in sheets? Such a great time saver for us.

Hi @greegy 

You can try below options.

Solution 1: You can create these dashboards in Looker Studio which can be easily embedded within the the Google Slides and gets updated dynamically.

Solution 2: You can use Looker APIs to programmatically filter and run the Looks and download PNG of them and store it in some location and then use it in Slides.

~Ashish

Hi @a_shah, Is option 2 about Looker or Looker Studio? If Looker, how would you structure it. We have a ton of decks to update regularly (wbrs, mbrs, qbrs, etc), so it  seems like it would be difficult to scale compared to some of the other answers on this thread. 

Curious about this too. Thank you! 🙂

Yes, solution one is correct for Looker Studio. I'd be curious about solution 2 for PowerPoint. We've moved a number of our recurring reports to 365, and so far, Rollstack has worked great for automating how we send from Looker to PowerPoint.

Hey! 

Thanks for the suggestions. How can I embed Looker Studio dashboard? couldn't fins any documentation around that, or an option in google Slides. 

Thanks @amitbiri12 and @datanerd10, Rollstack appears to solve this and looks solid. What type of presentations do you automate with it? Is it easy to set up?

Thanks @a_shah. I don't think Looker studio can be embedded in G slides. Solution 2 is painful. We're looking ideally to fully automate this process.

All type of recurring presentations: our WBR, MBR, QBR, client QBR, etc.

Thanks @amitbiri12 

@greegy same as @amitbiri12, all types of recurring presentations.

@greegy, let us know if we can be of any help!

Thank you Anna! Met with the team last week, excited to use the product!

You're welcome! 🙂

Also interested @anna_martinez!

@tamata feel free to schedule some time on our website. Someone from the team will be able to help. Thanks!

Thanks @anna_martinez!

My pleasure @tamata!

@anna_martinez this is just perfect for our use case! Thank you so much for the quick reactivity of the team! 😍

Top Labels in this Space